Departing from Marrakech on the route to the South you will cross the impressive Tichka Pass, which is part of the High Atlas Mountains. Hiking, riding camels and gaining an insight into oasis management as well as the life of nomads will be part of the program.
Feeling refreshed and reinvigorated, replenished with energy, you will return to your daily life.
DURATION: 8 days
You will travel on pistes and well constructed desert roads, you will hike in dry river beds or in the dunes of Erg Chigaga, you will experience how salt is still mined today in the traditional way and how oasis management today is based on the knowledge from early times. You will stay in beautiful, palatial hotels, in comfortable nomadic tents and a stylishly restored Kasbah. When you come back to Marrakech, you will have seen high mountains, narrow gorges, the endless expanse of the desert, green oases, rock formations, clay castles and many impressions that will make this trip unforgettable.
Breakfast and dinner: at the respective hotel, Lunch: Picnic on the way
Half-day camel ride at the Oasis M ‘Hamid
German-speaking tour guide and local guides
- Day: Marrakech – Tizi-n-Tichka – Telouet – Amiter – picnic – short hike to and from picnic possible – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Overnight at the IBIS Hotel, Ouarzazate – dinner at Kasbah des Sables restaurant
- Day: Ouarzazate – Walking in the three oasis gorge – picnic at the small waterfall of Tizgui – Agdz – Zagora – M’Hamid – Overnight in Hotel Kasbah Azalay, M’Hamid
- Day: Morning camel ride or hiking through the gardens of the old oasis of M’Hamid – lunch at the hotel – sunset in the dunes (Erg Chigaga) – overnight stay in Hotel, Kasbah Azalay, M’Hamid
- Day: Drive to Holy Spring – Erg Chigaga – over the dried-up lake Iriki – Djebel Mdaouer – Foum Zguid (lunch) – Tissint – hiking in the Palmeraie of Tissint possible – overnight in Bivouac (nomadic tents) Campement Akka Nait Sidi, Tissint
- Day: Hiking towards – salt mine – Akka Irhen – Ibn Yacoub – Hiking before and after picnic – Ait Kin (Agadir in the village) – Drive through gorge of the Oued Tata – Tata – Overnight in the guest house, Dar Infiane, Tata
- Day: Drive to Imitek – Ait Rahal-Akka – rock carvings – back to Tata (lunch at the hotel) – afternoon, small hike or free disposal – overnight stay in the guest house Dar Infiane, Tata
- Day: Akka – Icht – Id Aissa – lunch at the lodge – ascent and visit of the Agadir Amtoudi – Overnight stay at the Tigmi Bulbul lodge, Id Aissa
- Day: Guelmim – Sidi Ifni (Lunch) – Mirleft – Tiznit – Agadir – Marrakech -Overnight at Riad Noga
Offers & prices
Airport Transfers Marrakech-Menara
Journey from and to Marrakech in four-wheel drive vehicles of the high-end class
German-speaking tour guide throughout the trip, local guides
Full board, including water during the journey
Residence and tourism tax
PRICES PER PERSON
double room: 1.000.- € | single: 1.300.- €
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES:
The arrival and departure to Marrakech is individual. However, we are happy to help you find a flight, as well as if you want to stay in Riad Noga before or after your desert tour or if you want to visit other destinations in Morocco.
Accomodation per person before or after the desert tour in the Riad Noga (in double rooms from 50-70 € per night including breakfast, or 80-112 € in single rooms)
Tips, extra meals
Dates in 2019
06. 04. – 13. 04.
05. 10. – 12. 10.
26. 10. – 02. 11.
Apart from the proposed dates, you can put together a group of 6 or more people and choose dates in April/Mai or November/in mid-December.
19. 04. – 26. 04.